Sunday, July 29, 2012

GODFATHERS BAR

It was a lonely and cold Saturday night that I decided to do some gallivanting around Garapan Central. Without a definite place to go, I decided to check the Godfather's Bar. I arrived at around past 7 in the evening and when I opened that door, I felt like I was welcomed to a new world. One table was occupied by four people and two guys were in the bar area. The place was divided into two. The main bar area and the other room that will be   open during the performance time usually at around 9 p.m. Around the bar are photographs and memorabilia. It was so quiet that I know I came so early. 

I was looking for a true adventure and at the same time a decent meal before starting on my drinking session but their food menu does not appeal to my hungry palate so I decided to order a glass of wine. I asked Cora (service staff)  if there are any happenings that night  and I was informed that the band will perform at around 9 p.m. After that glass of wine, I decided to move to another restaurant to eat steak. The food was so great, I know I can survive the night. I returned back at around 9 p.m. and I was delighted to see the band readying for their performance. One of the band members told me that there will be a farewell party so for sure the house is going to be full.

Some drink names caught my attention like Anaconda. Abortion, Sex on the Beach so out of curiosity I asked the staff how's the mixture. Others startled me that I decided to settle for  rum coke. Once the band started, the house became very alive. When I glanced at the bar area, I was surprised to see that it was already filled with most Americans. The farewell party started and everyone was invited for free food. Free shots were also given to everyone  for 3 times. I just only tried the first shot but the second and third round, I just smelled it and handed them to my American seatmate. That night was also a Heineken night so patrons who ordered Heineken were given raffle tickets. The lucky winner gets to win a case of Heineken.

As the night goes on, the party gets livelier and customers started dancing. The floor was really happy tonight. After my second round of rum and coke I decided to switch to  a glass of wine. Just looking at everybody truly enlightens a lonely heart. The ambiance truly changed my mood. I was thinking I came to the right place at the right time. I came to meet also some acquaintances and we were like surprised when our eyes met .Truly, this place is so small you cannot hide anywhere.

It was so late and I have to say goodbye. I still wanted to stay but I know the fun has to end. I just love the place as I feel they truly give a special treat to their customers. They are not only there for the dollar but for the enjoyment and satisfaction of their guests.

An experience worth remembering.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments and Reactions